Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Presidential Visit

Former President Bill ClintonWow! What a week. Little did I know when I came to work Tuesday morning that I would be covering former President Bill Clinton's visit to my tiny (and I do mean tiny) hometown. It was a whirlwind as he dropped into town that afternoon on an impromptu visit between campaign stops in Kentucky while stumping for his wife. Here are a couple of photos from the exciting 20 minute visit.

Former President Bill Clinton

For those of you interested in my setup for covering this event, the details are as follows.

I arrived early to check my lighting (even though I've been in the place a hundred times) and knew it would be crowded so I used my wide angle Nikon 12-24 f/4 lens. I had my file size set to RAW so that I could get the most out of this one time event and recover in case of a bobble on my part. Settings were ISO 400, 1/200, f/5.6, SB800 flash set at 1/8 power and tilted at a 45 degree angle with a stofen flash diffuser.

It was definitely an adrenalin rush and a fast 20 minutes. I had more excitement the evening prior when I covered the premier of George Clooney's newest movie Leatherheads in a nearby town. Check back for those pics later. Whewwww! I can rest now.

No comments: