Friday, March 7, 2008

Going Green

Green Bulb

The shot above of the green light bulb was a happy accident. I was planning on shooting the energy efficient fluorescent bulb floating against a green background but after a couple test shots I realized that my backdrop was going white and the bulb was turning green because of the placement of my speedlight, so I went with it. I really like the effect for what I needed for my assignment.

The image was shot using a single SB28. The bulb was hanging by fishing line inside my light tent and lit from behind with the SB28 1/8 power with a green gel. ISO 100 f/8 1/250. I trigger the speedlight with my pocket wizards.
Only slight levels adjustment and cropping in photoshop.

Since I liked how this turned out, I may try some different color gels down the road to see what I end up with.

No comments: